Skillet Chicken in Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 4 skin-on bone-in chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 6 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup 35% heavy cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil, divided
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- Season chicken all over with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in heavy cast-iron pan set over medium heat; brown chicken well all over. Add garlic; sauté for 1 minute. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Stir in white wine and tomatoes until well mixed. Stir in cream; bring to simmer. Return chicken to pan; cover and simmer on low until chicken is cooked through. Stir in half of the basil and the oregano until well mixed. Quickly bring sauce to boil; boil until thickened.
- Transfer chicken to plates. Remove sauce from heat; stir in remaining basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste; spoon over chicken.
Recipe provided by Joseph Ciminera