Fusilli with Lamb Ragu, Molise Style
- Mince together garlic and rosemary. Heat olive oil in 2-quart saucepan set over medium heat; cook garlic mixture and bay leaves until garlic is softened.
- Stir in red peppers and hot pepper (if using); cook for 2 minutes or until peppers are softened. Stir in lamb and brown slowly, breaking up with spoon.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add wine; cook, stirring with wooden spoon, until most of wine evaporates. Stir in tomatoes and juice, and salt and pepper to taste; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes. Discard bay leaves.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and add to saucepan, stirring to coat with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
• You can substitute 1 can (16 oz) plum tomatoes for fresh ones if desired.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito
Cooking Method: Sauté / Pan Fry
World Cuisine: Italian
Product: Extra Virgin