Frittata with Peas and Green Onions
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 8 to 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch green onions, white and light green parts, sliced
- 1 cup frozen petite peas
- 1/2 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- Preheat broiler. In bowl, beat together eggs, water, salt and pepper. Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet set over medium-high heat; cook green onions for about 2 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in peas. Pour in egg mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook, lifting edges of eggs as they set to let uncooked egg run underneath, for 3 to 4 minutes or until bottom is set. Transfer skillet to oven; broil for 3 minutes or until frittata is puffed and golden.
If possible, use a nonstick ovenproof skillet, as it will make getting the frittata out even easier.
Recipe Provided by Chef Sharon Sanders