Fennel-Crusted Seafood on Skewers
Prep Time: 6 min
Cook Time: 4 min
Total Time: 10 min
- 10 oz medium to large unpeeled shrimp
- 10 oz sea scallops
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp plain panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp fennel frond tops, minced
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, finely ground
- Zest of 1 orange
- Peel shrimp, leaving end of tail segments attached. Place shrimp and scallops in 9- x 13-inch glass or ceramic baking dish; season generously with salt and pepper. Combine olive oil, wine, bread crumbs, fennel tops, fennel seeds and orange zest; sprinkle evenly over seafood. Thread seafood onto six or eight 12-inch skewers: arrange in single layer in dish.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Grill skewers, with lid closed for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until sizzling and scallops are opaque in center.
• If desired, you can also broil the skewers on a baking sheet instead of grilling them.
Recipe Provided by Chef Sharon Sanders