Egg and Pepper Omelette
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 green or red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 6 to 8 eggs
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp crushed hot pepper flakes
- 4 to 6 large Italian bread rolls or Kaiser rolls, split
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook peppers and onion, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until golden. Add oregano, 1/4 tsp of the salt, and pepper; transfer to bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler. Heat skillet over medium-high heat; break eggs into pan. Using fork, pierce yolks but do not beat; sprinkle with red pepper flakes and remaining salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until set. Remove from heat.
- Place rolls, cut side up, on baking sheet; broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Sandwich eggs with peppers mixture in rolls.
Recipe Provided by Chef Sharon Sanders