Dark Chocolate Soufflé
Prep Time: 10 min
Inactive Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 18 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 4 oz 70% cocoa dark chocolate
- 1/2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil (approx.)
- 1 oz 30% heavy cream
- 3 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (approx.)
- Pinch cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease two 6-oz ramekins with olive oil and dust with sugar.
- In double boiler, melt chocolate, 1/2 tbsp olive oil and cream; let cool. Meanwhile, using electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Whisk egg yolks into cooled chocolate mixture; fold in egg whites, 1/4 cup sugar and cream of tartar. Pour into prepared ramekins; bake for 15 minutes.
• This recipe is easily doubled.
• Garnish with fresh berries if desired.