Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: N/A
Total Time: 5 min
Servings: About 1/2 Cup
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In small screw-top jar, combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard and sugar; shake vigorously until well blended.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate dressing for up to 1 week.
- Shake well before using.
Garlic Vinaigrette: Add 1 small, halved garlic clove to olive oil mixture; let stand for 1 hour. Discard garlic. Store and serve as directed above.
Lemon Vinaigrette: Substitute 2 tbsp lemon juice for vinegar; add finely grated peel of 1 small lemon to olive oil mixture. Store and serve as directed above.
Herb Vinaigrette: Whisk 1 to 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs (basil, oregano or chives) into dressing just before serving. Store and serve as directed above.
Shallot Vinaigrette: Add 1 to 2 finely chopped shallots to olive oil mixture; let stand for at least 1 hour before serving. Store and serve as directed above.