Chicken Breasts in White Wine
Prep Time: 10 min
Inactive Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 3 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 8 large fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Fresh parsley, tarragon, thyme and basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut chicken breasts crosswise into 2-inch-wide strips. Mix flour, salt and pepper on plate; dredge chicken in flour mixture and set aside.
- Pour olive oil into large baking pan; add butter, garlic and sage. Lay chicken over top; bake until browned, turning chicken once. Add wine; bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until wine is reduced and juices are thickened. To serve, pour juices over chicken and sprinkle with chopped herbs.
• If desired, you can also cook whole chicken breasts; adjust cooking time accordingly.
• When dealing with raw chicken, gather everything you need before you begin to cook. Prep all ingredients, saving the chicken for last. Have paper towels handy so you do not contaminate the kitchen area as you work. After the dish is complete, wash your hands in hot soapy water and disinfect the sink and countertops.
Recipe provided by Chef Mary Ann Esposito