Buffalo Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
Prep Time: 15 min
Inactive Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 30 min
- Buffalo Chicken Salad:
- 1/2 cup prepared Buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups Boston lettuce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp crumbled blue cheese
- Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup finely crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Buffalo Chicken Salad: Whisk together Buffalo wing sauce and olive oil; reserve half of the sauce mixture. Marinate chicken with remaining mixture for 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high; grease grate well. Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until grill-marked and cooked through.
- In large bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, carrot, celery and onion. Toss with Blue Cheese Dressing until coated. Arrange on 4 plates; slice chicken and arrange evenly over each salad. Drizzle with reserved Buffalo sauce mixture and sprinkle with blue cheese.
Blue Cheese Dressing:
Whisk together white wine vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper; whisk in olive oil until blended. Stir in Blue cheese and chives.