Beef and Cauliflower Soup with Pasta
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 2 hr
Total Time: 2 hr 15 min
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) beef broth
- 10 cups water
- 2 lb boneless beef chuck or top round steak
- 2 carrots, cut in 2-inch chunks
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts only), sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 1/2 cups rotini or other pasta
- In large pot, combine broth, water, beef, carrots, garlic and rosemary. Bring to boil; cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until beef is very tender. Transfer beef and carrots to cutting board; let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, strain the broth through fine sieve into large heatproof glass measuring cup. Discard rosemary. Smash garlic cloves with spoon and return to broth; set aside. Thinly slice beef across the grain; set aside.
- Return pot to stove; warm olive oil over high heat. Cook leeks, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add reserved broth, salt and pepper; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cauliflower and pasta; cover and cook for 8 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Stir in reserved beef and carrots.
Recipe provided by Chef Sharon Sanders