Beef Bundles with Peppers and Provolone
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 18 thin slices top or bottom round steak (about 2 lb)
- 2 roasted red peppers, cut in 18 strips
- 6 oz provolone cheese, cut in 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 cup dry red wine
- Sturdy pointed toothpicks
- Using smooth scaloppine pounder, flatten each piece of beef to 6- x 4-inch rectangle; season with salt.
- Curl pepper strip in center of each piece of beef; crumble provolone slice into center of pepper. Fold short ends of beef slightly over filling. Fold long ends over each other to create tight bundle. Secure ends with toothpicks. Repeat with remaining beef, peppers and provolone.
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan set over high heat. Place beef bundles seam side down in pan; cook, turning once, for 6 minutes or until well browned. Reduce heat to low; partially cover pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer beef bundles to tray; set aside. Add wine to pan; increase heat to medium-high. Boil for 5 minutes or until wine is slightly reduced. Return beef bundles and any accumulated juices to pan; swirl pan to coat beef. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove toothpicks before serving.
Recipe Provided by Chef Sharon Sanders