Basil-Tarragon Veal Chops
Prep Time: 15 min
Inactive Time: 24 hr 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 25 hr
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 tbsp minced green onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper, divided
- 4 lean loin veal chops, trimmed of fat (about 1 1/2 lb before trimming, including bone)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil, divided
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon, divided
- In bowl, combine 2 tbsp olive oil, green onion, parsley, vinegar, garlic, and 1/4 tsp pepper; add veal chops, coating well with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning chops several times. Remove veal chops from fridge; let come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325° degrees. In large skillet, brown veal chops in remaining oil; place each veal chop on 12-inch square of foil. Sprinkle veal chops with half of the basil and tarragon.
- Turn chops over, sprinkle with remaining basil, tarragon and pepper. Seal foil packages and bake for about 30 minutes or until veal chops are tender.
Recipe provided by The Low Cholesterol Olive Oil Cookbook