- In bowl, combine olives, oil, capers, oregano, pepper and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- Slice loaf in half horizontally; lay cut sides up on work surface. Remove some of the bread from center of each half. Drizzle oil from olive mixture over both sides of bread.
- Spoon half of the olive salad over one half of loaf. Layer lettuce, peppers, ham, mortadella, salami, and provolone over top. Top with remaining olive salad. Cap with remaining half of loaf.
- Press down on loaf; place heavy skillet or other weight on loaf. Let stand for 10 minutes; cut into portions using a serrated knife.
• Reserve the bread removed from the loaf to make bread crumbs.
Recipe Provided by Chef Sharon Sanders
Cooking Method: No Cook
World Cuisine: Italian
Product: Extra Virgin